Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem's beneficiaries number over 30,000 individuals from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members are required to sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Position Type: Full time
Contract Period: 12 months contract, with the possibility of extension(s)
Starting date: ASAP
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of activities, as well as ensuring adherence to Caritas Jerusalem and donor guidelines and standards.
- Assists in coordinating all phases “initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and closure projects. This includes data collection and analysis needed to design projects.
- Conducts field visits, attends meetings and project activities, and follows up on projects’ activities on regular basis.
- Participates in procurement procedures and drafting project documents such as official communications letters, Terms of References, project proposals, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flows, and schedules.
- Writes and submits the required reports related to the implemented projects.
- Participates in the organization's main activities including strategic planning process and department operational planning.
- Organizing and follow-up of the plan of activities.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the set-up M&E plan.
- Supervising the general quality and coherence of the action’s outputs.
- Perform the dialogue between all parties involved in the project implementation to the Head of the Department.
- Frequent visits to Gaza Strip are mandatory.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Valid Driving Licence.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or any other related field.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- At least two years of experience.
Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Carbon Copy (CC) to email@example.com by no later than 4:00 pm, June 10th, 2022, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.