Communications and Resource Development Officer
Caritas Jerusalem (CJ) is a humanitarian and development organization that represents the socio-pastoral services of the Catholic Church in the Holy Land. It was founded in 1967 in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, Caritas Jerusalem beneficiaries from all religious backgrounds in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Caritas Jerusalem is a member of Caritas Internationals, a confederation of 165 Caritas organizations operating in more than 200 countries. For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit www.caritasjr.org.
Caritas Jerusalem is committed to ensuring that all individuals we encounter through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by Caritas Internationalis Management Standards (CIMS). We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and always adhere to Caritas Jerusalem Code of Conduct Policies and values. Team members are required to sign the Code of Conduct upon hire and be trained on the Safeguarding Policy.
For further information about Caritas Jerusalem, please visit: www.caritasjr.org
Caritas Jerusalem is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Communications and Resource Development Officer
Position Type: Full time
Contract Period: 12 months contract, renewable
Starting date: ASAP
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Writing Content and proofreading materials in English, and Arabic.
- Managing Social Media Networks for the organization.
- Maintaining and developing new content for the website.
- Writing periodic newsletters and annual reports.
- Developing fundraising proposals for projects that could attract new funding, as well as researching and reaching out to potential donors, grants, and foundations.
- Reviewing and editing project reports and supporting documentation, submitted by the Head of Departments for onward submission to funders.
- Frequent visits to Gaza Strip.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, Journalist, or any other related field.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Arabic - mother tongue
- High level of English
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in the field
- Willingness to promote the overall mission of Caritas Jerusalem
- Experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc…)
- Very strong writing, proofreading, and copy-editing skills
- Ability to take direction, learn quickly and take the initiative
- Team-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative, detail-oriented, highly organized, and with excellent time management skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment to the position.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Commitment to CJ Code of Conduct and Safeguarding ethics and policies.
- Adhere to Caritas Jerusalem’s mission and core values.
- Ability to Drive in Jerusalem.
Candidates who meet the requirements mentioned above will be short-listed and invited to a job interview.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to email@example.com and Carbon Copy (CC) to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4:00 pm, June 20th, 2022, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email.